Cannon Health Care Consulting and Education
Our Team and Faculty
Our faculty is well experienced in the healthcare and management industry. They are professional, knowledgeable, dedicated, and here to help you succeed.
*If you are interested in joining our team, please contact Annette Cannon at 303-428-9035.
Annette A. Cannon, PhD, MA, RN, MSN. Annette is the founder, President and CEO of Cannon Health Care Consulting and the Learning Division of Cannon Health Care. As the Director of HealthCare Career Development, she brings more than 20 years of experience in Nursing and HealthCare, along with many years of experience in education and training. She worked as an LPN before getting her ADN in nursing. Later, she received her BSN in Nursing from Metro State College in Denver - 1986, MA in Organizational Management -1999, PhD in Healthcare Administration - 2005, and her MSN in Nursing Leadership - 2009. She holds certifications, positions and honors in the nursing profession.
Formerly, the CCO/CNO and Instructional Educator at Chandelle Assoc., she is committed to providing leadership, knowledge and skill towards the organizations mission, vision, values and strategies. Her record of academic achievements and professional career history, demonstrates attributes which prove valuable to the organization and to an ever changing health care system.
Annette is the founder, President and CEO of Cannon Health Care Consulting and the Learning Division of Cannon Health Care Education. She brings more than 20 years of experience in Nursing and HealthCare, along with many years of experience in education and training. She worked as an LPN before getting an ADN in nursing. Later, she received a BSN in Nursing from Metro State College in Denver - 1986, MA in Organizational Management -1999, PhD in Healthcare Administration - 2005, and a MSN in Nursing Leadership - 2009.
Virginia Smith, PhD (candidate), RN, MSN. Virginia is the Director of Instructional Design at Cannon Health Care and brings more than 25 years experience in nursing, education and training. She has spent many years as a Nurse Practitioner in the State of Colorado and has worked as a skills lab instructor at Arapahoe Community College for several years. She received her nursing degree from Metropolitan State College and is presently working on a PhD (candidate) in Instructional Design from Capella University.
Virginia is a native of Colorado, with her family coming into this state in 1907. Her nursing experience ranges from being a staff nurse to a shift supervisor. Formerly a Nurse Practitioner in private clinics, she has also had experience with case management and with the Migrant Health care system. Virginia brings many years of teaching experience and curriculum development, and has held positions of Director of Nursing Education and Director of Foreign Nurses for various organizations. She graduated with honors and received several awards, holds professional memberships and has conducted multiple conference presentations. Virginia is personally committed to furthering the nursing profession through education and training.
We are adding our Newest Member to the team: Michelle Seaman, RN. Michelle is presently working on entering some recent data regarding Simulation for Research and it's effect on learning. She also knows Spanish and French!! Michelle will be working on many of CHCC's projects, such as the Online Refresher course, Our very own Virtual patient, and some other exciting projects. She will be taking the Master Teaching Series certification and is excited about getting to know the students and assist with the NCLEX reviews.
More About Our Team Member
Dr. Cannon is the founder, President and CEO of Cannon Health Care Consulting and Education and the International Nurse program. She brings more than 20 years of experience in Nursing and HealthCare, along with many years of experience in education and training. She worked as an LPN before getting an ADN in nursing. Later, she received a BSN in Nursing from Metro State College in Denver - 1983, MA in Organizational Management -1999, PhD in Healthcare Administration - 2005, and a MSN in Nursing Leadership - 2009.
Annette is a member of the American Nurses Association, Colorado Nurses Association, District 20 Nurses Association, National League of Nursing, and Sigma Theta Tau International, Alpha Kappa Chapter. She is an Alumni of Metropolitan State College, University of Phoenix, Kennedy-Western University and Grand Canyon University. She is a member of Critical Incident Stress Management and the Jefferson County Department of Health and Environment Nurse Alert Volunteer Program. She is also a member of IBNA (International Bilingual Nurses Alliance) and INANE (International Academy of Nursing Editors).
- Advisory Board Chair - Cannon Health Care Consulting and Education, 2010, 2011
- Advisory Board Member - Kaplan College - Health Information Technology Program, 2010/2011
- Advisory Board Member - Kaplan College/University - Information Technology / Billing and Coding Programs 2009/2010/2011
- Board member and Chair of Information Technology Newsletter/Publicity for Alpha Kappa Chapter of Sigma Theta Tau, Website manager 1996 – Present
- Advisory Board Member to ITT Technical Institute – Health Sciences Division, 2007 - 2008
- Board member of State of Colorado Legislative Committee (appointed by Senator) and Taskforce for the Study of Mentally Ill Offenders in the Criminal Justice System until 2001 – 2003, provided education regarding Psychiatric Medications and services
- Board member of the Behavioral Health Services Taskforce for the Denver Public School Health Strategic Planning Project 2000 - 03, represented Medical Records/Legal Issues with a goal of planning for a coordinated comprehensive school health program
- Board member of the Denver Public Schools Inter-Agency Agreement Taskforce, 2001 – 2003, to promote a coordinated effort among agencies and staff
Honors and Awards:
- 2011 Presenter at the National ATI Education Summit, Orlando, Florida (2011)
- 2010 STTI Leadership Conference, Representative, Dallas, Texas (2011)
- 2011 Advisory Board Member to Kaplan College - Medical Coding and Billing / IT Division
- 2009 Summa Cum Laude - Grand Canyon University
- 2007 - 2010 Delegate and alternate to the Colorado Nurses Association Convention
- 2007 Advisory Board Member (Selected) to ITT Technical Institute – Health Sciences and Information Technology Divisions
- 2007 Nightingale Award Nominee – Awarded for Recognition of Excellence in Human Caring http://www.centralcoahec.org/nightingale/2007nightingale_images_beumer_jeanne2cannon_annette.htm
- 2005 Magna Cum Laude - Class Speaker - Kennedy-Western Universitywww.sttialphakappa.org/member_news_page.htm
- 2004 Delegate to the Colorado Nurses Association Convention
- 2000 Nightingale Award Nominee – Awarded for Recognition of Excellence in Human Caring
- 2000 - 2004 Board member (appointed by Senator) of the Taskforce for the Study of Mentally Ill Offenders in the Criminal Justice Systemhttp://www.colorado.gov/cs/Satellite?
- 2002 Taskforce member for Denver Public Schools - Healthy Kids - Healthy Communitieswww.dpsk12.org/manila/departments/sts/SBHC.Bklt.19.pdf
Virginia Smith is a native of Colorado, her family came into this state in 1907.
Graduate; East High School, Denver
Attended Colorado State University, Ft. Collins for 2 years, majoring in Biological Science and Education.
Graduated from Cameron College, Lawton OK with Associate Degree in Nursing
Graduated from Metro State College in Denver with Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing.
Graduated from Regis University with Masters Degree in Nursing with academic honors
Current education: have completed all required courses for PhD in Instructional Design at Capella University. Entering dissertation phase.
Over 30 years professional nursing experience
Hospital staff nurse, charge nurse and assistant shift supervisor
Home Health Care and home hospice staff nurse and case manager
Nurse Practitioner in private clinics and Migrant Health care system
Expectant parent classes, breast feeding seminars, baby care.
Taught foreign nurse refresher course 2004-2008
Taught skills lab at ACC in RNR and ADN program
Adult Nurse Practitioner, 1994-2004
Red Cross Instructor: Home health care and Mother-baby care
BLS Instructor 2007-2009
Program Development Experience:
Migrant health program, Ft. Lupton, CO
Organized the Schweinfurt Nurses Association for Continuing Education for American nurses living on a large Army post in West Germany, served as first President of the association. Developed curriculum for CE classes for the members of the assn.
Foreign Nurse Refresher Program: member of organizational committee for first FNRP in Denver. Was Director of Nursing Education for this program and taught RN level courses.
Workplace Language Programs Career College; Certified Nursing Assistant Program: member of development team, served as Nursing Director 2007.
Revised skills lab curriculum for ACC RNR, developed handouts and educational materials.
Chandelle Associates; served as Director of Foreign Nurse program. Member of development team providing comprehensive preparation for foreign educated nurses.
Honors and Awards:
Veterans of Foreign Wars Academic Scholarship Recipient, Cameron College.
Regis University Graduate Honors for gpa 3.879.
Sigma Theta Tau Nursing Honor Society
Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing-1993-present
International Bilingual Nurses Alliance - Secretary of Board of Directors 2006-present
Schweinfurt Nurses Association - President 1975-76
Colorado Nurses Association Nurse Practioner Special Interest Group - Secretary 1984-85
International Bilingual Nurses Alliance Conferences:
2006 - Guadalajara Mexico: Preparing Internationally Educated Nurses for real life work experience
2007- Portland OR - Responding to the needs of the IEN and matching them with the employer
2008- Monterrey, Mexico; Challenges of preparing nurses from third world countries for technology and nursing responsibilities of the 21st century
Michelle Seaman, RN
Graduated from Platt College as RN, BSN.
Check out our ATI Prices!
Recent Blog Entries
Twitter Follow Button
Facebook Like Button
Simulation Training - Four
Simulation Education - Training Three
Simulation Education - Training Two
Simulation Education - Training One